Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tribal take two

I just love this dress!  Still a few tweaks to perfect the fit and design.  

I need to resolve an annoying shoulder wrinkle, coming off the armhole. I think I need to lower the arm scythe a fraction.  I also went a little overboard tapering the sleeve for a 'fashion fit'. Could only just raise my champagne glass.  Anita is very keen on elbow darts and now I believe her!

A future version of this dress might use darts rather than panels and increase the angle of the neckline towards the centre front for more drama.

Currently I'm working on my trouser pattern and a chambray shirt.  Meanwhile, happy sewing!

11 comments:

  1. You and the dress look perfect here on my side of the world! Love the fabric that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most important to be able to raise your champagne glass! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautifully! I fell in love with this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. Fit: the shoulders are a bit too wide. Pin the wrinkle out and then transfer to the armscye. The back may or may not need the same adjustment in which case you'd need to add a dart to the back shoulder so that it fits the front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The print placement is just right!!! So this is your own design? Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool look Gail. Get those sleeve darts to raise your glass next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress. It has a very flattering style. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress looks great and I agree with the neckline alt you mentioned. Let rebrand the elbow dart and call it the champagne dart in future. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to look twice. I thought you were wearing a vest. Great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great style on you! I love the panels and the print placement. I like your planned change to the neckline -- more drama is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really interesting design - I love it!

    ReplyDelete