Sunday, November 1, 2009

Some skin on the bones







I'm feeling dangerously smug. All is going well. I'm making the garment in stages - front first, then the back. It will be fitted and secured with a hand-picked zip at the side seams.
While I was most worried about the boning and shell, these tasks were relatively simple. The draping is another matter. The little bit shown in the picture is the result of three hours work! I have a whole front and back bodice to do. It is hand stitched onto the upper bodice, being careful not to go the lining. Progress is not helped by Mini-Me becoming agitated that I'm not following her design drawing. Indicative only I tell her. Which is my way of saying, I don't know what I'm doing!

10 comments:

  1. Everything looks great. Fingers crossed. Love your new header! Great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with your progress! You are so talented and very patient. That color sure is pretty, too.BTW, smocking isn't really hard to do. The most important thing is to buy a pleater before you even try to begin. I first started by smocking ginghams, and then by using iron on transfer dot patterns. That was not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's all I have to say. You are incredible, not to mention patient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. The color is great. I love the shape of the bodice with the pleats/smocking. This is going to look like a high-end designer garment when you are done. Your smuggness is totally justified!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That color is stunning.Fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is coming along beautifully and agree the color is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and keep going. You're doing a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is coming along beautifully - it's going to be so lovely when it's finished. I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful! cant wait for the finished garment. And good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very exciting. I think it looks gorgeous so far. I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete