Sunday, November 8, 2009

All you need is love




The dress is slowly but surely taking shape. Next steps: attach the over skirt and pleated waistband, finish attaching the linings and handsew the zip. I'm planning to use the couture method of attaching a silk organza lining to the hem and hand sewing it to the upper lining.
I love how this dress has developed. I sewed all weekend and migrated the project to the living room to get this far. There are nearly 1000 handstitches in this garment already...I really love my daughter.



13 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Truly a labor of love! It is going to be stunning when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You really do. Appreciate your commitment to couture methods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that's awesome. I LOVE how it looks so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very labor intensive dress. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous so far! What we won't do for our daughters...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always tell my grands that when I make them something that there is love in every stitch. This dress has tons of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is turning out so beautifully, Gail. Like Kristine said, the things we do for our daughters, especially when they become teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing journey. The bodice looks gorgeous and so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! Can't wait to see it finished - such dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bodice looks amazing. Your daughter must be so happy with the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job! your daughter must be very proud of her mother and will wear that dress with great satisfaction

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING (I second all that is said above me) YAYZ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous work...handsewing a zipper..wow, never did that.....you must have lots of patience!! Your daughter must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete