Thursday, October 1, 2015

Sparkly business

Couldn't let lack of a willing photographer get in the way of showing off my latest business wear.  It's all a little bit sparkly with a subtle metallic back thread.

I love the 70's vibe of the jacket.  It is begging for a button down A-line skirt, but for the time being I've teamed it with a flip skirt, Burda September 2014, no.104.

The pattern for the jacket is from January 2008 Burda magazine (no.117).  The details are great, especially the extra large cuffs with an extra decorative band.  The leather trim was the result a "happy accident".  I cut the garment and forgot to trace the collar stand.  There wasn't enough of the brocade left to cut the piece.  The Fabric Store had run out of the original fabric but did have an unusually small skin of soft lambskin in the perfect collar.  My old friend Mick from Mick's Buttonholes at Alexandria did the studs.  May he never shut his doors!



I've also completed two blouses and a striped skirt since my last post.  I've been promoted recently and I'm spending more of my free time sewing than my blogging about it.  Not sure what is coming up next, so until my next catch up happy sewing!

7 comments:

  1. There are some great details in that jacket! Superb effort! Some of my favourite garments are the results of "happy accidents".

    Congrats on your promotion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh lovely! The lamb skin was a lucky accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely jacket Gail, congrats on your job promotion too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the leather feels nice and soft. And congratulations on your new job Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the leather feels nice and soft. And congratulations on your new job Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home & Living I wish more writers of this sort of substance would take the time you did to explore and compose so well. I am exceptionally awed with your vision and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relationships Thank a lot. You have done excellent job. I enjoyed your blog . Nice efforts

    ReplyDelete