Vogue 8719. Fitting was again an issue - partly due to husbie's delusion that he was a size smaller than his measurement's suggested. Tissue fitting showed that we needed the next size up and several centimetres more in the chest. Is the male equivalent of a full bust adjustment a BCA (big chest adjustment)? Fortunately my adjustment worked a treat and with a good fitting muslin, I cut into my khaki green pure wool, purchased from a deceased estate. I'm using a combination of traditional, custom tailoring and fusible interfacings, as shown in this illustration. This method is surprisingly quick and quite meditative. The hand stitching on under collar makes shaping the collar quite easy. The pattern isn't lined, so I've had to change the front facing piece and add a back facing. It also has no collar stand or back vents. Great for ease of sewing but not particularly tailored.
Simplicity 2313 version D . This version has strange pintucks to hold the frill erect which I ignored. I'll probably add a few handstitches near the bust point to stop it from flopping down. I need to unpick and redo the button holes which were a bit of a disaster in terms of placement. MOJO SAPPER NO. 1.
My Chanel style jacket wasn't finished last winter and I fear it may never see the light. It needs one sleeve to be handsewn into place, the lining hand attached and the sleeves shorted with bands added. My heart isn't in this project - MOJO SAPPER NO 2.
Rachel came home from Melbourne last weekend for my B'day and asked me to make some t-shirts for laying under sweaters etc. I made one from Burda style 12/2009 121 using some cheap fabric in my stash which didn't behave under my needles. The finished tee is fine but it made me cross - MOJO SAPPER NO 3.
But a nice piece of khaki wool and a mission - MOJO RETUNRED!