Friday, January 15, 2016

Weekend winner

 I'm going to give you three reasons why I love the Sutton blouse by True Bias.  

One - the pattern is well put together with good instructions that provide a garment that is quick to put together and looks almost as good inside out.  

Two - the front is slighter narrower than the back which creates shape and allows the fabric to drape well.  The longer back is also great cover.  And three - the design is economical and uses less than a metre of 150mm fabric.  Great scrap buster too if you are working with contrasting fabrics.

I've used printed crepe purchased in Portugal last year and some black crepe from stash.  I made it up in size 12 without any alterations.  The only change I'll make when (note I didn't say if) I run up another is to use bias tape for the arm hem.  This is simply to reduce bulk from the French seams. 

Not sure what I'm making next, so meanwhile happy sewing! 



10 comments:

  1. I really like this fabric and the top looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Gail. That pattern is very tempting to own !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Gail. That pattern is very tempting to own !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Gail. I was looking over your previous posts and I just wanted to comment on the Rachel Comey pattern. I've made the skirts many time for my DD ,myDGD and for me and we all love it. I loved the top so much but I knew in my heart it wouldn't do for me so I actually threw out the pieces so I wouldn't be tempted. It looks fine on you though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous top and I love that bird fabric, I know it's monochromatic, yet the colourblocking enhances the print somehow. Are you going to make a ton of these tops now, it looks really versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your version of this top. It's a classic really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully, casually chic! It's so hard to find casual chic that is appropriate but not dowdy. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully, casually chic! It's so hard to find casual chic that is appropriate but not dowdy. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete