Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The perfect summer blouse


Sewing has been a little slow here. I started on a Muse dress that had very promising beginnings but ended on the scrap heap.  I learnt a great lesson from that project - you are never too experienced to read the instructions and NEVER try to rectify you mistake with scissors until you have thought it through preferably overnight.
 
The sudden arrival of summer has forced me to ramp up my sewing productivity.  Having spent most of last summer in Europe, I have very few summer blouses or dresses suitable for the office.
 
 

 My delight with this blouse has made up for all the annoyance of the previous project.  I've not had much success with Project Runway patterns in the past, but Simplicity 2633 is an absolute winner for me.  I'll definitely make other versions of this blouse and I think the pleated sleeves might find their way onto a sheaf dress I'm planning.
 
I love the delicate orange and black Liberty print 100%cotton which I bought on Goldhawk Road in London back in January.  I added a black biased binding trim to the sleeve edge and lovely gold and black buttons.  I love the pleated sleeve detailing which I wasn't sure would suit me, but I find them extremely comfortable and quite flattering given my large upper arms. 
 
Not sure what to sew next.  I'm about to go to the sewing room and do a lucky dip from the box of fabrics and patterns I put together for summer sewing. That is as close to a sewing plan as I get!  Happy sewing!


17 comments:

  1. Cute blouse, and those sleeves are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blouse. The print is gorgeous and I agree about the sleeves. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blouse! Love the fabric and sleeves! I'll be adding that pattern to my wish list, so many options!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pleated sleeves are a lovely design element on that blouse. The overall colour effect of the Liberty print is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sleeves on a very nice blouse. Suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pleated sleeves are very pretty, and the fabric and buttons are perfect together. The feminine but still elegant look suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful fabric and I love the sleeve design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought that pattern for the unique sleeve. Your blouse is so pretty. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! And from a distance like in the photograph, it reads pretty neutral, so you can probably pair it with a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! Both the print and the sleeve shape are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sleeves on this blouse. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your top - great sleeve details. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blouse and the sleeves are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't noticed this pattern before but I will certainly put this one on my list. Love the sleeves and the fabric/buttons, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that fabric. I know what you mean about summer creaping up . I am finding myself being very productive sewing for myself / Oh having older children is such a liberation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait! Or maybe never! I wrote to Beth’s e-mail address at a various area which moment
    I didn't experience an mistake sales message. This means this individual almost certainly obtained the info they wanted out of everyone (bank account quantity, for example) and today blocked my own e-mail correct with an oversight meaning which in turn claims “Eric’s e-mail target is not good anymore”, although it’s probably up and running yet again. Proof can be My partner and i delivered a note to his or her address at a distinct place (amongst my alternative e-mail handles) and that i wouldn't purchase an mistake message…
    darn…tghthgthgg Carlos please help us abide by my
    own resume in the organization. We have presently directed
    my own comprehensive resume on your business electronic mail, be sure to I want your urgent effect.
    Also visit my homepage ... Genital Warts cream

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute top, the sleeve detail is lovely.

    ReplyDelete