Ok, this was an act of major motherly love, but I'm more than happy with the results. We used Burda 03/11 108 with the sleeves from 107. Both these patterns were part of a bridal theme. As you can see they lend themselves nicely to a party dress. I cut the smallest size, made up the front and back of dress then awaited the arrival of my dd from Melbourne to fit the side seams. I had to take it in about 7 cms on each side at the waist to make it fit properly. Surprisingly though the dart placement was exactly right! I also took multiple centimetres from the sleeves and hemline. My dd is a thumbalina!
The bodice is lined with red poly lining. It is machine sewn around the neckline and through the centre back. I handstitched the lining in at the side seams and around the sleeves. The hems on the sleeves and at hemline are finished with cotton bias binding. All very neat, but no photos as DD was rushing off for a 'pre' before the party. Let's hope the 'apres' is not too devastating! PS she is not wearing this peep-show bra. PPS she loves me, she really really love me...and the dress of course.
In the meanwhile, I've started a new job in the city, have cut five new pieces for me and completed the boring grey pants except for two button holes. They fit well but the fabric is cheap and they are no more than a wearable proto-type. More photos to come.