Saturday, August 13, 2011

Daughter loving

Email from my daughter - 960 kilometres away

"could you make this for me for next saturday night in a bright red fabric, perhaps jersey?


i saw it in zara and when i went back it was gone...

it had three quarter length sleeves in the shop, this was the closest thing i could find to it.

if you cant thats ok, i know your starting your job next week."

Now I just happen to have a piece of fire engine red synthetic in my stash that I was wondering what on earth I'd do with it and why I had it.

I also found just the pattern in my Burda mags. Snip, snip ...watch this space.

17 comments:

  1. Well, you have plenty of time and really nothing on the horizon that's important. Watching your space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great mom, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that is priceless. My mom would have handed me a catalog and the phone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an email I could have received, but it would have been from one of my daughters asking for something for one of their children, or from when they were in college! What a lucky daughter you have!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does that sound familiar? I do like the second line though. I'm looking forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish getting free custom clothes were as simple for me! :) Ah, what we do for those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny story. Can't wait to hear how it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny story! I would have done just what I know my Mum would have done; namely, sent her the pattern and the fabric... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! So sweet! Daughters are the greatest gift from heaven, and you have to enjoy them as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Mom won't do for her child! I''l be checking back to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete