Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March takes sports lux to the office


Despite the telling wrinkles at the end of the day, I love my March dress. Perhaps I should have taken it off and waited until it was fresh again, but it is 31 March and I have a deadline!

March is inspired by the sports luxe trend so prevalent this year. Sportswear doesn't just belong in the gym does it.  I've taken it to the office using creme and black ponte from Tessuti in Sydney.  The pattern is a remash of Burdastyle 12-2014-105 which I  used for my David Jones top.




The changes to the pattern are simple.  

Open the front seam to the upper front panel; insert a zipper; add a shoulder and back yoke; and add an additional panel to both the front and back sleeve seam.  I drafted my own pencil skirt without darts using the waistband of the peplum as my starting point.  If you are using a stretch fabric like ponte you don't need the underarm zip.



What's next?  Not sure.  I have a lot of fabric ideas for tops and coats, and one dress that is still taking shape.

15 comments:

  1. Chic sportswear dress. Combination of fabric/colors/zipper works beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, I love it Gail! You have certainly hit the target - it's very designerish, very sports luxe, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful dress! Very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! So much better with your pencil skirt as the base to this dress than the unflattering curved and panelled skirt in the magazine. The sports luxe look is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great on you! Terrific dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great dress. I like the colour blocking and black and white are always smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic dress, you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really on trend! I really love it and it must be so comfy. Comfy and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the changes you made to the pattern, the details look very designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this dress, the zipper is a great detail and black and white is always so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great dress Gail - I'm sure it is super comfy too with the ponti. Great use of the colour blocking - I love the strip down the sleeve - on point!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very chic -- love the details, especially the zip in front.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love our "dress a month" idea! This one is lovely in the black and white colour blocking . Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love our "dress a month" idea! This one is lovely in the black and white colour blocking . Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete