Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Its time we had a talk

This blog has been in a period of hiatus. Interestingly my sewing hasn't rested, but I get like that sometimes.  I once waited 17 years to go to the dentist and the longer I left it the more embarrassing it became.  

Since I last posted I have completed two t-shirts, a blouse and two jackets!


The jacket featured was made for my daughter's graduation.  The pattern is Vogue 8865 that I think is still available in out-of-print sale.  I love my version made from crazy splatter print ponte from Tessuti with very good quality faux leather sleeves and collar purchased from Cleggs in Melbourne.  The zips give it an edgy feel.


Now the ice is broken, I'll post more photos soon.


16 comments:

  1. Your jacket looks great Gail. And you all look so happy too. Congratulations you wonderful Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all have winning smiles! Your jacket looks really special and I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see more of this great jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you posting, you all look so happy. Great photo and congratulations on the graduation.
    The jacket looks great, looking forward to see more too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just pick up where you left! :) The jacket looks great and very current.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back. I want to see your daughters jacket. Post soon.
    Thanks,
    Cennetta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful jacket Gail. You know things are going well with your sewing when your outfits look better than shop bought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you posting again! Your jacket is lovely, I like the combination of the fabrics you used. It's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PLEASE show us close-ups of your gorgeous jacket! Splatter print fabric sounds totally fab. And welcome back, you've been missed. Please post everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool jacket! I like the mix of materials. Congratulations in the graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree with Carolyn. Close ups please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have that pattern too. I was just looking at it the other day, but need to consider fabric. Yours looks fantastic - always keen to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your daughter! Your jacket looks very cool -- I hope you have time to post some detail shots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy you have been busy sewing. As long as you catch us up on all your projects.... I love your version of this jacket. Another pattern I have that I have in my stash, still in the factory fold condition. Congrats on your daughter's graduation.

    ReplyDelete