There's nothing like a ball to stir up the inner princess in every girl. Last night I finally had the chance to show off my ball outfit and think I scrubbed up pretty well. Excluding earrings and hairdo, the total cost of my princessery was $85! Danced the night away and it felt wonderful!!
The skirt is based on Burda 12/2008 125 with adjustments to change the design from double fronted to centre fold. I used horsehair stiffening in the hemline to emphasise the fishtail hem line.
I changed my mind a dozen times about the blouse as I wanted something practical that I would wear again. The Japanese fabric origami patterns intrigued me but they are very fabric hungry and I wasn't sure that silk would hold the structures well enough. Husbie and DD also convinced me that the design should be quite simple to highlight the skirt.
In the end I opted for an olive green silk wrap blouse which I created from a Vintage Vogue dress pattern from the 1980s. I created the cap sleeve by cutting a half circle on the centre fold.
I've also completed a version of Simplicity 3503 which I'll show you in my next post.