We've been a little late to jump onto the Vogue 1250 bandwagon down- under. Now that Spring is here I'm keen to wear more dresses and man this is an easy dress to piece together. I whipped this up in two hours from cutting board to hand finished hemline, just in time for my friend's 50th birthday party. The fabric is a butter soft gold and black knit jersey from Tessuti. I love it with my orange cardigan (the best mistake I ever made) and boots and can't wait to shed the outer layer and show my pedicured toes again!
My spring/summer sewing list is long and I have a stash in serious need of busting. I've set out some of the priorities:
- 5 blouses for work (white, black & pale pink polka dots, gold silk, printed chiffons)
- 5 weekend t-shirts that can be dressed up (striped, red, fine striped, black, blue)
- 3 tunics/casual chic wear (from the linen stash)
- Dresses - I have 8 patterns (mostly DKNY and Tracy Reese) that I would like to make in no particular order.
- A maxi dress (Simplicity 3503)
- New white pants
- A ball gown (I have a big event in mid-November thinking Alessandra Rich simple lines with contrasting lace)
- 3 lightweight summer jackets or suits
Now you can see why I don't make lists!