Thursday, February 5, 2009

Like a Virgin

This is my first blog and my first blog post. I ask myself a question - "Why do you need a sewing blog?". Answer "To keep myself accountable". Like you I have a passion for fabric, line and design. I have a stash of great fabrics, big ideas but I need the motivation to put them into action.
I've started with something simple. I unpicked a long sleeved layering t-shirt as a base pattern for a t-shirt. The fabric is jersey, originally bought for one of my daughters about seven years ago! It is a little out there for me and could be deemed 'wearable muslin'. I'm adding a button down front to the t-shirt, black self covered buttons and trims to the garment.
I've armed myself with a few dressmaking and pattern-making bibles, a brand new dressmaker's mannequin, a cutting/measurement board, a rajah cloth and few simple paper patterns to get started.

So here goes...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting a blog. I am looking forward to seeing your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole blog thing is what keeps my sewing going at tines. I always join in for SWAPs and the like, because having a deadline makes me actually finish things that I might otherwise put aside to be become a UFO. It's pathetic that a woman of my age needs a deadline, but there you have it. On top of that, the inspiration and encouragment I've received from my sewing siblings all over the world is way more beneficial than I would ever have expected. Congratulations on starting your blog. I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete