This trench jacket (Burda 4/2008 107) is indicative of the frustrations of June. I'd successfully made a summer trench dress from this pattern and started my 'winter safari' last winter but didn't make it past the finish line. I pulled it out again determined to get it done, but no matter how many tricks I played I couldn't make the sleeves (frankenfurted from another Burda pattern). By good fortune, I found an old black wool cardigan that the moths had found before me and voila, perfectly fitted sleeves that bring my garment into 2012.
On the plus side of the ledger.
1) my sewing student finally finished her two garments, this skirt pictured and an overly ambitious dress project Burda 01/2011 103. The latter took literally months to complete with too much assistance for learning. I've sent her off to complete the hems and buttons on her own. Pictures? Perhaps next century...
An Alice and Olivia draped t-shirt Vogue 1261. I can tell my readers that this pattern is not well suited to prints. My roses on the centre seam came together so oddly that I added a flounce to cover my tracks. I'm not in love with it, but wearing it in Spring over white linen trousers and silver jewellery might change my mind.
My second project was a resounding success, a Katherine Tilton t-shirt Vogue 8817. Looks better on but the photographers are missing in action. I especially like the ragged edge neckbinding which was from the fabric selvage.
3) I've started Susan Khalji's Couture Dress course at Craftsy and can't recommend it highly enough. Still working on my muslin - a revelation in itself and will keep you posted.